How to add EARTH symbol in LT Spice IV?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
As spice is a simulator I don't think that earth is particularly relevant... I assume you mean safety earth as opposed to ground. You could always make your own earth symbol in the editor and save it as a component I guess.

You could use a label (output) and just put the word EARTH in it.

Tony.

Attachments

• earth.png
    earth.png
    2 KB · Views: 171
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi robydream, Then you need the ground symbol! You said in the first post that you knew that the ground symbol was 0V and that you wanted an earth symbol instead.

Attached are pictures of the ground symbol. If that doesn't help either then iether you are missing something, or I am!

Tony.

Attachments

• ground1.png
    ground1.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 144
  • ground2.png
    ground2.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 152
Aha, I now know what is your problem...You see in an amp, like this one, you have power ground and signal ground. Signal grounds in your .asc file are marked as an arrow and power grounds are marked like errrr...ground:D

Just use proper ground mark for all grounds for simulation purpose and get rid of R32/10Ohm resistor...it's purpose is to block ground loops in real circuit, real pcb, in one word, real amplifier. In virtual word of simulators yours grounds, be it signal, power, output/input are just perfect.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.