How to ACCURATELY integrat subs with mains (and a little challenge heh heh)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sub audibility

Terry...

Perhaps what you're experiencing is related to room modes. Does the delayed effect occur at all listening positions? Have you tried relocating the subs to substantially different places to see if the effect changes?

The room plays a major influence in the perception of bass, and in my experience, changing the properties of the electronics and/or speakers has less effect than their physical location within the room.

Did you see the modal visualization markus76 pointed to in a different thread? I'll see if I can find it, but here's Art Ludwigs' site for same:

spatial.gif

http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/Room_acoustics.html#Where_should

Hope this helps.

John L.

dunno that I have a sweep that would take two minutes, spose I could slowly raise a sine wave, same deal.

Yeah I gotta admit I was a bit surprised mavo, I was certain I could detect it. Oh well.

Auplater, I would say that I have substantially changed both Lp and sub positions, I got the same 'feeling' in the old layout and in the very different layout now.

What you are referring to could very well be an answer or part of one. At least for now it seems that 'whatever it is' it's something that I have no control over and so should worry about those things I can control I guess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.