how this design looks ( PI )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are these going to be portable or fixed installations? What are the SS15?
JBELL SS15 subs
If they are in one end of a 100' long room, getting 100db at the other end will require more than 100db at the sub.....but I don't know how much more.

200 bucks is not a lot to spend but if you have the amps and Rackdrive already and can build the cabs yourself, you can make it work for 200.
yeah i have the amp Crown XLS 2000 drivecore and driverack ,
i will use one channel for subs and the other for tops

I would look at a folded Tapped sub. The Pi12 is way out of your price range if you need to buy their flat pack.
yeah i posted here because i want to know what you guys think of the Pi12

A few words of warning.......
I'm a beta tester of Planet10's EmKen (Eminence Beta12Lta in 'Ken enclosure), I had the wonderful thought of buying a second pair of drivers for the beta build enclosure and building a pair of 'subs' and doing local party hire...... My thoughts were a pair of 'Half' Jensen Imperials.
Then I looked at the cost of drivers - £400 ($600) each :eek:

Soooo...... I'm looking into a sealed enclosure with a Eminence 15" (maybe an 18"). Even with 'reasonably priced' components, the cost of 6 or 7 8ft x 4" sheets of 25mm BB ply makes one draw breath sharply.

yeah, so i think the SS15 is a no brainer
have you see the thread ?
is made with just one sheet of plywood with a 3012 15" driver
you can use several from the list, is flat from 40 to 100 i think

here is the JBELL SS15 sub thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/170771-single-sheet-th-challenge.html

is you buy 6 or 7 sheets as you stated , you can make 6 or 7 subs ( altough you want an even number ) so make 8 and rock the house
check the specs on the thread above
it rocks and dont break the bank and you can build with 1/2 batlic birch plywood so your back is happy also

Last edited:
this one uses double 18"
do you have enough power availeble?
ppsl%2018sound.jpg

you sim it like a bassreflex.
the opposite speakers cancel even harmonics.

Last edited:
lol, I should really ask what application a sub is for b4 I spout off!!!

Usually, a 40hz ported (with protection below that) for pa will get you awesome results, assuming you can get flatly down to 40hz anyway).

Jbl 4508 and 4509 dual 15" cab just happens to be tuned to 40hz.

I think bandpass can work well for pa.

Norman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.