How many members from or around Ottawa On Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was at the last lunch, it was nice meeting all of those who where there. I'm looking forward to the next meet. I am really new at the dyi side, but i can't wait to drive in head first.

Tony

Wise to dip toe before jumping into shallow end of pool.

Does anyone have a measurement rig? I would like to take some in-box measurements but I don't have a rig.

Will be there on the 26th of January.

If there is enough interest we will book the place for the Saturday to. But we need some people interested in having their stuff measured to make it worth while.

Remember it is not free!

Not really expensive but not free either.

If I remember correctly is is $7.00 / hr

24 hrs * 7 = $168

We have to be able to cover this amount.

Mark

So Jan. 23rd is confirmed then?

Maybe we should start a list in the meet thread to get a handle on who is going to show and what they are bringing. If an official organizer type person has already "volunteered" for this event then he can do it or if toes will not be stepped on, I can do it.

Alrighty then Mark. Yes it is Rick.

For those that can confirm they will be at the Ottawa Winter DIY Meet please go to the similarly named thread and post:

a. That you will be there and can afford 10 bucks to cover the cost of the hall.
b. What you will bring to demo.*
c. If you would like measurements done.
and d. If you are available Saturday as well do get the measurements done.

If someone can send me the exact address of the hall and a start time, I'll get this info in there as well.

As posts come in I will update the list and repost it frequently for all to see.

* It is not necessary to have something to demo. As long as you share a passion for DIY audio you're welcome.

Anything else I should add to the post? I may not get this done until this evening so there is time for suggestions.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Wow... I'm speechless. That has to be one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

I'm not sure which is more disturbing:

1. That someone would pay $54,000 for that train-wreck.
2. That for some reason, the Canadian Government owned a 1987 Lamborghini Countach.

I grew up with that being my all time favorite car... I had a poster and a little model of it. I can honestly say though, that if someone offered to give it to me for free, I'd say no. It looks like a genuine disaster; the kind of car that would ruin your life.

Thanks for the link Rick, it made my night!

Cheers,
Owen

I grew up with that being my all time favorite car... I had a poster and a little model of it. I can honestly say though, that if someone offered to give it to me for free, I'd say no. It looks like a genuine disaster; the kind of car that would ruin your life.

Thanks for the link Rick, it made my night!

Cheers,
Owen

Somehow I can't get this out of my mind when I see this car.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.