How Lampizator CD tube player sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
In case if someone organize a GB for the lampizator I would be more than interested a balanced type .
Probably I would like to have as a separate DAC or so .
I have some CD player like Audio Alchemy , Nachamichi OMS7 , Luxman CD113 .
But all those player are old , of course the work fine now but who knows later .
I also have a Meridian DAC but I would love to leave it in orig condition .

Greets

Last edited:
Hello
Koifarm do you know if someone sell boards or there is a group buy ?
I certainly interested to get a set boards .
I built several amplifier , preamp but I'm not expert in tube stuff or DAC.
Of course if there is a PC board or schematic I can build it .
I built the Peter NOS DAC with out any difficulties .
Please let me know if there is PC boards available .
Thanks
Greats

Hi Oliver. I´ve been following Lukasz´page for some time now but never got around to trying it his ideas in my Marantz cd60 and cd48 (tda1541 and tda1549) due to the wiring (sounds silly but I like things neat). Do you ever make those pcb´s, and if so could I buy 2 or 3 from you?
Thanks
Don

Hi, I readed a great part of lampizator's articles and saw the article that speaks of transforming the CD3 (with TDA 1541 + SAA 7220) into a NOS one. Because I'm the possessor of a Naim CDi (with TDA 1541 + SAA 7220), I decided to try this modification using your photo and I connected the three pins (1, 2 and 3) of the SAA 7220 to the pins (1, 2 and 3) of the TDA 1541 and I cutted the three traces from the SAA 7220 output (pins 15, 16 and 18) that went to TDA 1541.

I had, for comparison , a couple formed by a Musical Fidelity + Digilog (with TDA 1541 + SAA 7220), previously modified to NOS by removing completely the SAA 7220 oversampler. After this modification my CDi became very different, but not all was better :bawling:.

In fact, the dynamic range improved itself drammatically, but the sound image was more compressed and pushed forward versus the listener :cuss:. The medium bass became more inflated and (I suppose but not sure) the distortion became more evident.

All this instead of the Musical Fidelity that with the removing of SAA 7220 became dynamically, more detailed, and the sound image was better. In this machine the mod vas necessary. The Musical Fidelity has the LM318 instead of CDi that has the LM317.

Do you know what could be happened and why there is so much differences between these two machines ?
Perhaps the problem is that I could not revome completely the SAA 7220 ?

Actually I ripristinated the oversampling and for some things I think it sounds better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.