How "Hi-Fi" are FM transmitters ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
JBLRF, thanks for the heads up on the C.Crane transmitter. Looks like a handy device.
The small FM transmitters I've bought for car and truck use tend to have a lot of background noise. Not so bad that the road and engine noise of a big truck doesn't cover it, tho...

Hi there.
Just wonder how the digital tv vs analog got involved into quality of fm transmitters for audio ?
It's like comparing the apples and oranges :D
FM tuners are great, except the fact, that radiostations are playing MP3 files, most of the time. The vinyl hour is great from my local station.
Please keep FM radio going ;)

Last edited:
the technical decisions to move from analogue TV to digital TV are probably very similar to the decisions that will be made to move from analogue radio to digital radio.

I understand the "technical decisions" part, but the eye is much easier to trick than the ear. 25 Hz sampling rate is good enough to do it ;) . Different story with hearing, analog rules :) . Time for :drink: and some LP's :cool: . Cheeers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.