How do you store your parts ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a lot of those mini drawers in the dollar store and sorted my parts in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0090s.JPG
    IMG_0090s.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 107
I'll put in a vote for keeping your inventory in a database. I resisted for a long time, but afterwards I was very glad I did it. QUOTE]

Keeping an inventory of IC's is really helpful and saves you money! This is particularly true if you use some specialty chips like INamps, DIFamps, Log Converters etc.

I separate the resistors with 3x5 index cards in these cardboard trays from ULine:

Attachments

• Storage.jpg
    Storage.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 98
Been there done all of the proceeding. Acro-Mills makes the nicest cabinets w/ plastic drawers. But now the frame is no longer metal. While working for various firms I would collect every sturdy box (cardboard or plastic) before it hit the dumpster. On one job , one component assembly came in a box 12"x8"x4"(aprox) used once then trashed. I grabbed all I could. They now contain heat sinks, large electrolytic Caps, plastic clamps, Nixie tubes etc.,etc.. I have used every system ever seen and invented a few of my own. Did I say that I'm a "Pack Rat". I now have a storage unit full of my fairly organized collection of bits and parts. There also are all my tools, test equipment and workbench. Problem is that I don't have easy access to it nor a proper place to work. It saddens me to think of it. I envy you lot and enjoy the threads very much. It keeps the little gray cells moving.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.