• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

how do I connect a plate amp for subwoofer to tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for such a basic question.
How do I go about connecting a Yung plate amp to either my tube amp. Which is just your basic kt88 with one input and 4 and 8ohm speaker outs.
My pre is the decware csp2
Audiophile Tube Preamplifier / OTL Headphone amp by DECWARE

Which should I connect to and what would be the best way to do it.
I'm waiting to order the amp(s) so I get the right connectors too.

I will be getting either 1 or 2 yung sd300. Also not sure if I should get boost or no boost. I'm thinking I should get boost since I'm doing open baffle.
Yung SD300 300W Class D Subwoofer Plate Amplifier Module No Boost

Thanks so much for your help.
Mike

I suggest you try the speaker level I/Ps. That way, you have a fighting chance for the S/W to pick up some of the tube amp's sonic signature.

"Super duper", fancy, speaker wire is not needed to connect the S/W to the tube amp, as it should present a high impedance and it also responds only to bass. 16 AWG rope lay, OFC, zip cord is plenty good here.

Adjust the controls of the S/W to obtain the best sound. The main speakers play as close to full range, as they can. The S/W is used to fill in underneath, were the main speakers can't go.

Better a little less than ideal, rather than too much.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.