Hornresp

Thanks Andrew and Mark.

Bjørn derived the finite parabolic horn throat acoustical impedance expressions from first principles - a very impressive achievement (it was not a trivial exercise by any means). The results have been extensively tested, and we are confident that they are completely valid. As a simple example, the attached screenprint compares the throat acoustical impedance of a finite parabolic horn with Ang = 2.0 x Pi, S1 = 100 cm2, S2 = 5000 cm2 and L12 (Par) = 100 cm against the results for the equivalent infinite parabolic horn.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Parabolic.png
    Parabolic.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 367
The new parabolic expansion really goes haywire when you use negative expansion rate in a TH.

Seems to work fine in a TL and normal expanding TH.

It seems to make a bigger difference in some TH than others.

Thanks for your great work! It always brings me a smile when you guys selflessly bang you heads together and comes out with something amazing.

Last edited:
Thanks works great.

But somehow I can no longer export horn data.
It says:
File name cannot contain

Then leaves an empty file. No matter what I do.
If I choose an already existing file it asks to overwrite but then shows the above error.
When closing hornresp it then writes to all the names I tried(the empty files) with this:
Length (cm) Area (sq cm) Radius (cm) Angle (deg) Height (cm) Width (cm) Width Flare
*edit* (tab present in file but apparently not in post)

But no data. It locks the files from edit by other programs while hornresp is running.

I can add that it only seems to happen with Par as expansion.
And that it fills in the data for any non Par expansion leaving the Par part blanc.
Still throws the above error even though it partly manages to export.

The txt file is still locked from edit by other programs while hornresp is running.

Hi panjilaras,

The Directivity tool is disabled because the Combined Response tool has been used.

Hornresp cannot calculate the directivity of a combined output.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David
thanks for advice.
my chamber is set to rear lined, non vented.
if Vrc and Lrc set to zero, the combined response tool is active yet the directivity tool is still disabled.
for Driver Arrangement, I'm using Offset Driver, is this the reason why?
HRinput.jpg

thank you, panjilaras.

The combined response tool is active yet the directivity tool is still disabled. For Driver Arrangement, I'm using Offset Driver.

Hi panjilaras,

The Directivity tool works with finite single-segment non-negative flare horns only. Page 13 of the Hornresp Help file refers. Your offset driver design has three segments.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Francesco,

Not until I can get a website that works.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to distribute individual copies of Hornresp as email attachments.

Kind regards,

David

Hello Hornresponsiblist ,

you could use RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting for free to upload your latest release and post the download link here .

There ia a restriction of max 10 downloads using the free service option of rapidshare.com , but if every downloader is so fair and upload the just downloaded new release plus posting here his download link we would get quite a large number of d/links ;)

sorta distributed synergy ...

nice idea?