Hornresp

Hi sladdbarn,

Had some trouble with points and commas but solved it after a while :)

Hornresp assumes that your Windows Operating System is configured to the standard number setting for your Region (the decimal separator symbol is a point (.) in Australia, and a comma (,) in France, for example). If the standard default Windows setting is used, then you should have no problems.

Do you have a paypal account where people can send donations to you?

No :).

You´re doing great things for the diy-community!

Thanks - pleased to be able to help out...

Kind regards,

David

Hornresp Update 3460-140514

Hi Everyone,

The Combined Output path length difference input form schematic has been changed to hopefully remove any uncertainty as to how it should be interpreted.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach.png
    Attach.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 181
Hi Zero D,

Polyfill it is then :)

It is indeed - see the latest release :).

Showing decimal places is NOT the same as Actually showing mm though !

That's true - but at least no precision is lost :).

I guess the reason I prefer to use centimetres in this instance, is to be consistent with most other Hornresp length and area units.

As you have probably gathered by now - unlike Andrew, I am quite fond of centimetres... :).

Kind regards,

David

Ive did output hornresp to a box, a ML-TL now see how close this sim is from reality.

I have did double sim, one for box and port and one for a jet port who is now included in first box to reduce noise.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_128 May. 15 12.11.jpg
    ScreenHunter_128 May. 15 12.11.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 255
  • ML-TL.jpg
    ML-TL.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Dacron Hollow fibre might use a different process from other polyester fibres.

The Hollow fibre is exactly that, each fire is a hollow tube of plastic.
This process is likely to be protected by patent and such like.

General purpose plastic fibres, that are non hollow, may have different damping characteristics.

Ive did output hornresp to a box, a ML-TL now see how close this sim is from reality.

I have did double sim, one for box and port and one for a jet port who is now included in first box to reduce noise.
your inputs are very different from what I generally see. But I like the results from this very non-intuitive model.
How did you arrive at all those dimensions, that give sub 20Hz response, from a line that is just 3m long?

your inputs are very different from what I generally see. But I like the results from this very non-intuitive model.
How did you arrive at all those dimensions, that give sub 20Hz response, from a line that is just 3m long?

Hi Andrew.

I do sim just with speaker wizard, it is a very nice start and so i come out where I try not to big, the low end is because of the port support I gess, it
is a mass loaded TL..

Alone the port is different, this is a separate simmed jet port, normally it is a straight port, for noise problems I did sim twice different boxes so I get port length of the jet port..

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...d-transmission-line-od-ml-tl-design-bj-2.html

I do not now what the long pipe does, but for low and not to small port it is needed.

Picture one I did use only vtc to get volume and so I can sim that port, see link why and how.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_129 May. 15 12.35.jpg
    ScreenHunter_129 May. 15 12.35.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 258
  • ScreenHunter_130 May. 15 12.55.jpg
    ScreenHunter_130 May. 15 12.55.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Hi AndrewT,

Post #4514: "...How did you arrive at all those dimensions..."

To clear up where this came from see: Post #293 and #296 here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...-transmission-line-od-ml-tl-design-bj-30.html

,and additionally Post #12 here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/256171-vented-alignment-separate-resonance-chamber-2.html

The JBL style jet port should have straight lead-in sections at both ends, see:

AES Covention Paper, 112th Convention, Munich, Germany:
Vented-box geometry and low frequency reproduction: the aerodynamical approach - by Morkerken, Parzy, Pellerin and Polack

,and

AES Convention Paper, 116th convention, Berlin, Germany:
Sound source design in the very low frequency domain - by Pellerin, Polack and Morkerken

In his design in Post #4512 kees52 changed this around a bit and came up with his own version of an end-flared port attached to a OD-MLTL (offset driver mass-loaded transmissionline).

Regards,

Dacron Hollow fibre might use a different process from other polyester fibres.

The Hollow fibre is exactly that, each fire is a hollow tube of plastic.
This process is likely to be protected by patent and such like.

General purpose plastic fibres, that are non hollow, may have different damping characteristics.

Hi Andrew,

A further good reason it seems, why the "Polyfill" weights calculated by Hornresp should be considered as indicative only.

Hopefully the values will be somewhere in the "ball park" though, and serve as a reasonable starting point when trying to decide on an initial stuffing density.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Andrew,

A further good reason it seems, why the "Polyfill" weights calculated by Hornresp should be considered as indicative only.

Hopefully the values will be somewhere in the "ball park" though, and serve as a reasonable starting point when trying to decide on an initial stuffing density.

Kind regards,

David

Stuffing can never be predicted by software, there are to much variables, as David say, a starting point, measurement is the way, sometimes difficult when the box is long and big...

Hornresp Update 3470-140521

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

Absorbent filling material was previously specified in the Loudspeaker Wizard by selecting the Chamber option and then pressing the F9 function key to show or hide the Fr1 and Tal1 slider controls. The required segment was then selected by double-clicking the Fr1 slider.

Filling material is now specified by simply selecting the Filling option - see attachment. Changing a Fr1 or Tal1 slider value with the F5 function key pressed will still set all segments to the same Fr1 and Tal1 values.

CHANGE 2

Several minor bugs and operating anomalies in various parts of the program (none of which affected the accuracy of the results) have now been fixed.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach.png
    Attach.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 103