Hopefully not too much to ask

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
heres the bottom view

Attachments

• subamp_bottom.png
    subamp_bottom.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 213
soundNERD said:
heres the silkscreen

Sorry, no schematic

Looks alright. But parts seem a bit too far apart. Why all the trimpots? Set the values you want and replace with resistors.

soundNERD said:
Anybody? You said post it here for evaluation...

It's the schematic you should post here too. It's not easy to follow what you did or have an opinion as it is.

Carlos

I never designed a schematic. The two amp designs are direct from the app note, the crossover is a simple 4th order lowpass, and the drv134 circuit is just input, power and output. There are two regulators, a 7812 and a 7912 for the drv134 and lm833.

About the trimpots, one is for gain of the crossover, and the other two adjust frequecy cutoff. The crossover/volume needs to be adjusted in the room with the other speakers to get the best sound, so thats why I am using trimpots. I may replace them later on.

Thanks for the comments!

nice

i would go for multiple subs, but thats just me, the size of room uve got ure looking for much more than your driver can give you. BUT, have you looked at the lm4651 and 4652 combination, it may work out easier with better results. failing that ILP do a 240watt unit, for under £100 its gota be wort a look. not gain clone but hey what ever works! c ya soon, steve.. ..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.