• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Honey Badger w/soft start populated boards

I have a set of Honey Badger boards that I put together. I used it for a few weeks before eventually having a thermal runaway problem. I'm not able to troubleshoot it myself.

Nothing smoked but it got quite hot. I don't know if any parts got damaged.

Whoever buys it needs to be able to troubleshoot. I haven't tried to use it since having this problem. I also have 12 Panasonic 8200uF caps, and a DIY Audio soft start and DC protection circuit. This was all bought new in 2014. Everything is sold as-is.

$130 US FIRM shipping included to anywhere in North America.

Attachments

• DSC07571.JPG
    DSC07571.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC07572.JPG
    DSC07572.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC07573.JPG
    DSC07573.JPG
    345.8 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC07577.JPG
    DSC07577.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 81
I do also have dual Plitron torroidal transformers that I used with this amp but the shipping on them is going to be quite costly. If you want to talk about purchasing the transformers, we can. I don't have the specs handy at the moment.

I found the specs from an email with Plitron:
Product ID: 5923-X0-03
Description: Surplus Transformer , 479VA Custom Toroidal Power Transformer. 4 Outputs: 26.52VCT; 40.00V x 2; 8.01V

Last edited: