home cinema 5.1 setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

thats perfect chris661 . just what i need , i appreciate that . that will keep me busy for quite a while .

i did start to take a look into the horns and have found a a set of plans using a tang band 6.5" that would fit in the spaces either side of the av rack i would like to fit subwoofers into .

just seen your sig , are yours these by any chance ? Tapped Horns

cheers
steve

No, they're not mine. Click the "Tapped Horns" link in my signature for the details. One of the guys there ('e built 4) said he was getting 124dB in room.
You'd need to get lower than 100Hz from your satellites (80Hz is fine) so you can tame the mess just above pass-band with a steep filter.

Anyway, we should probably get more on topic (feel free to PM me about the THs though).

Chris

Hi,

I'm also looking for a cheap full range HT and thinking about the MA CHR-70 or alternativ the Fostex FF 125 WK.

I'm living in a small area and the next good full range shop is far away...

Is anybody here how has heared both and could explain me a little bit the difference of both drivers?

Regarding the MA I'm feeling a litle bit unhapyy...since normaly my receiver should not be used for speakers which are under below 8 ohm.

Thanks and best wishes from Germay,
Seppl

In Germany the 3rd series is so far not available and the second series has 3.6 ohm.
But if I'll be a little bit carefull nothing should happen I think.

I think about for 2 pencils + 1 mini BR for the front.
The rears coulb also 2 mini BR. May it work together..I think so or?

Best regards

Sebastian

""all aspects of speaker building" in one text? I doubt any of us will live long enough to witness consensus on what that means - as only a few hours at various sections of this site will prove
I'd suggest you start with something simple for a small HT system, and it's pretty hard to get much simpler than some of the small enclosures that work for wide-band (aka "full-range") drivers like the Mark Audios already mentioned, or Fostex, TangBand, Dayton, Fountek, etc." I agree.

""all aspects of speaker building" in one text? I doubt any of us will live long enough to witness consensus on what that means - as only a few hours at various sections of this site will prove
I'd suggest you start with something simple for a small HT system, and it's pretty hard to get much simpler than some of the small enclosures that work for wide-band (aka "full-range") drivers like the Mark Audios already mentioned, or Fostex, TangBand, Dayton, Fountek, etc." I agree.

been simmering for a while on low heat - time for a taste test anyone?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/196205-chr-array.html

Even though targeted towards building a full blown line array, the modular approach could also work well for a modest 5.1 system, where the processor's bass management should allow a single of each array to suffice for the front row. For the upper height and or (as in my own case) rear/surrounds, a single driver should be fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.