• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hlly Tamp-90 Ta2022 Chip "a True Pearl"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually, the intermittent struck again. We do have 120 volt service btw. Hopefully, Hlly will get back to me.

I really do like pretty much everything else about the amp and were it not for this issue I'd call it one of the best audio bargains I've ever seen. I paid $180 for an NAD 3020 30 years ago. The Hlly is way beyond that and I think it's arguably a much better deal than the Sonic Impact was given what you get. It's just that if non-audiophiles bought the thing and had to deal with the muting circuit going off all the time...they wouldn't go near the product.

thanks Tripath. I may do it, but I do have issues with hooking up a 129 dollar power stabilizer just to get a 150 dollar amp to work properly :}

fwiw, the Hlly continues to sound really good and I'm not even using a pre-amp in our living room. It's good enough that I'm hearing the limitations of the other equipment, as in I need to start thinking about dacs.

I can relate about spending the cash. I had to get a 2nd Monster HDP 2400 though for the Sansui system in my office. I only have my Toshiba DVD player's plugged into the Monster HDP 2400 in each system. It however makes a huge difference in both systems! Each system's sound is sweeter, wider, and more liquid sounding with more resolution / dynamic range.

I tried my NAD Pre-amp with the HLLY T90 for about 5 minutes. No good, it just clouded things up. The HLLY sounds great all by itself. I'm glad you feel the same way about it, it's nice to have someone else to compare things with. It is an outstanding amplifier!

The HLLY is starting to break in a little bit more also. :)

I've been listening to my latest generation HLLY T-Amp 90 for the past three days now and I must say that it is phenomenal. I have had TA2024 based T-Amps and the HLLY T-Amp 90 is a much better amplifier for less sensitive speakers and demanding music. There is simply more headroom and authority with the T-Amp 90 compared to the lower power T-Amps available.There have been complaints about the first generation models being noisy...In fairness, I can hear some hiss if I put my ears directly up to the tweeters, but from my listening seat, or when music is playing I can't hear any hiss. With that said, the T-Amp 90 is not as quiet as the other 12 volt T-amps, but it is no more noisy than any other amp I've used. The build quality is good, and the amp feels nice and solid...all in all, I am very happy with this amp.

I am glad everyone like TAMP-90 amplifier

Hello, everyone!

I am sales manager of HLLY Electronics, I am really glad that some people like TAMP-90, Yes, there is hiss problem with the first version, But the second version resolved the problem, Now it is the third version!!

HLLY will have TA3020 amplifier in the 2010 year, SO need the people here to offer HLLY some advice!

Also HLLY will sell the pre-amplifier for the TAMP-90, 4 inputs select,
CS3310 audio volume control, LCD display, remote control, use AD797 OP AMP
Hope you will like it!

Regards

David gao

David,
what's the difference between version 2 and version 3?
It was my understanding that the circuit board for version 2 was very different from version 1.

If I hadn't had the issue with the mute circuit, I would have unqualifiedly recommended the version 2.

Version 3 is not available now, we will sell version 3 soon!
it use golden plated PCB and use better capacitors, Do not worry, the sounds is even better than the version 2, and more stable of course!

Thanks

david gao

HLLY Tamp-90

A couple of months ago I purchased a HLLY Tamp-90 and a HLLY Tamp-20. My speakers setup requires tri-amplification and I accomplish this with a DEQX (www.dexq.com).

As far as the sound goes I was surprised that I preferred the Tamp-90 on the Raven R2 ribbons and the Tamp-20 on my phase array of QTY(8) Focal 6W4311B speakers per side. The 3rd amp is a Behringer EP4000 driving dual subs at 65hz and below.

Reasons: The Tamp-20 sounded warmer and smoother on the phase array while the Tamp-90 was crystal clear on the Ribbons. When hooked up the oposite way the Tamp-90 was a bit too neutral for me. The Tamp-20 was great either way, and amazing it could run 16 woofers with only 20w!

Picture of pre amplifier

Here is the picture of Pre amplifier:

Pre-AMP-6.JPG

Pre-AMP-3.JPG

I bought one of these last week, from an EBay auction, They confirmed that it would be the version 3 and although I didn´t ask assured me that there will be no noise issues. Very quick reply and he confirmed that I will get the correct one for the supply voltage here in Spain. Tracking info was given also and shows it is on it´s way. looking forward to getting it here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.