High Quality Phono stage kit, looking for ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
6L6 - do you really mean "having multiple switched inputs on a phonostage is a recipe for noise"? :confused:

Because every phono stage I have ever made always has 2 extra RCA sockets in parallel with the main socket for the phono cable - ie. "multiple inputs" - and I have never noticed any extra noise (particularly on the battery-powered units which, as you might expect, are "extra quiet").

These parallel RCA sockets are for infinitely adjusting 'R' and 'C' loading, via 'loaded' plugs.

Regards,

Andy

I have a twin input phono stage here at the moment and an integrated amp with an internal phono stage that has 2 switched inputs.

I have a pair of custom wound unshielded 1:70 Intact Audio SUT (for an AN IO1) housed in the cheapest maplins unshielded box with and have no hum at all.

All works fine.

Of course the results I get from a DIY effort could be very different - I will learn from the experience what ever the outcome. As it stands I'm not worried about hum or the switch.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.