high end earphones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
karma said:
whats the best earphone's on the market to date. kinda sat on mine. so manny to choose from.....

thanks...........;)
Karma, I think you must state your budget.

Stax is not bad. I friend of mine have got a pair.

Sennheiser Orpheus is not bad either (electrostatic) but the price tag = 15000 USD (or so)! Did I mention that you will get a transformerless(?) tube amp for free?

BTW: The were only manufactured in a small series and will not be produced again. They are now a collectors item.

Re: Re: high end earphones

peranders said:

Sennheiser Orpheus is not bad either (electrostatic) but the price tag = 15000 USD (or so)! Did I mention that you will get a transformerless(?) tube amp for free?

BTW: The were only manufactured in a small series and will not be produced again. They are now a collectors item.

Reference Audio in Stockholm has a pair on display and I am sure they are open to offers...

I have tried to buy head-phones several times but failed every time. Whenever I reach an acceptable quality the price is not acceptable. That said I find the HD-600 quite pretty much OK.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.