High-efficiency 2-way...possible with 12" woofer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Not many relevant 12" around...but there may be some, but maybe not exactly tough pro drivers

The AudioNirvana 12" fullrange is one I would like to try in a setup with double 12" in a 2.5way with tweeter...but if I remember correct the box will be very big

It may be important to remember that Dmetriy use a tubeamp, which may not like big heavy woofers

I bought some Eminence delta 12A's at the M25 audiojumble at the weekend, and a bargain they were too.

The plan is to use them in OB with some Axiom 201's I already have, and I have been looking at the Fostex FT17H for top end.

I originally wanted to just use the Axioms in fullrange with no crossover, but 3 foot wide baffles have not passed the WAF! So I will use baffles half that width, and augment the bass with the Delta's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.