Hifonics Brutus BX 2005d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To those of you following this post.........Q3 is an NPN driver. Q2, Q7, Q8 are PNP drivers. Mine were fried and or removed and I assumed they were all PNP drivers. WRONG.....upon studying the picture Perry posted of the driver board I was able to see Q3 had a different marking and was NPN. By putting a PNP driver in its place the transistor was conducting causing the needed transistors that connect the relay to ground to remain off. Thats why I could not get relay engagement and connect the audio to the output terminals.

Thanks to Perry's patience and help this amp will be up and running as soon as I recieve my parts!!!

Yes I certainly made a mistake and there is no one to blame but myself, in other words dont get in a hurry and when someone is trying to help you, help yourself as well and dont rely on the teacher for everything or your not going to learn. Most times the answer is staring you in the face as it was me.

Lesson learned.

I finally got the driver and a chance to install it. I also re-installed C3 the delay turn on cap. I put it in the heat sink and clamped it down.

I powered it up with no issues and I have relay engagement. I hooked it up to the old 18" punch XLC and she pounds like no other!!!!!

At higher volumes I kinda hear a slight noise like in the Rockford T10001 I just repaired, but it does not affect performance or cause any issues, it sounded like it was coming from around the 2 coils or in that area right around the relay.

Its been running pretty hard for 10 min or so with no issues so far. I think its a go!!!

Thanks Perry!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.