Hifonics audio driver board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No its not playing, the amp is out of the sink, powered through a limiter, with a 4 ohm load hooked to the output terminals at idle.

This makes the DC go away but Perry wanted to know if anything got warm while the load was hooked up but all the fets stay cool.

I am wondering why I have the rail on the output terminals?

Wondering if Q4 and Q8 were defective if this could allow this condition.

I have them all in, and I just figured it out. After the driver failure, I neglected to check the gate resistors again. They were all out of tolerance for the IRF9640's on one side by thousands of ohms and they took out all the fets with them.

I cant believe I did that, what a rookie move.

As Perry always says never "assume" anything.

I assumed they were still good and neglected to retest everything again after I repaired the driver board.

I dont have the 1/4 watt 10 ohm gate resistors in stock but I do have 1 watt flame proof 10 ohm resistors in stock. I dont think those will hurt anything for testing purposes do you?

What if I was just to leave them in permanentely?

Does anyone know what goes into Q9 and Q11 on a HFI1500D board? these were pulled out of the amp before i gotten it.. both side have burnt resistors and I just want to make sure i order everything all in one shot so i am not waiting for 3 months. i am sorry if i am not in the right area of the forum.

Please don't post in a repair thread that was started by someone else unless you are trying to offer assistance to the original poster.

Click on the red triangle in the lower left corner of your post and ask a moderator to move your post (and any replies to it) to a new thread (my post should be deleted).

After it's moved, I'll try to help you. Post a photo of the board with the missing transistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.