Hi-Vi M6a with Vifa XT25TG30.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice job ! Better is the design, longer is the listening.

The BSC is already implement in the crossover.
If you feel a lack bass, you can reduce the level of the treble. Verify the resonance frequency of the box, a measurement could help, and after cut shorter the vent could solve the problem.
But you should take a look to the electronic, very important this assertion because the level of fine tuning a loudspeaker depend on the level of the electronic. That explains the marriage between electronics and loudspeakers are not always obvious.

Awesome! It was pretty much copied from what Jerome69
gave me, I haven't looked at the ZX Spectrum yet, but I will :)

Hi, undefinitions site is one of the best for the less technical IMO, worth a good perusal, rgds, sreten.

images

Last edited:
A reference article about BSC :
Baffle Step Compensation
See the link True Audio TechTopics: Diffraction Loss
But we include BSC in the crossover, avoid extra components.

Hi,
If you have copied the bass section of the ZX Spectrum c/o, the
value of L1 should tell you that you have already implemented BSC.
rgds, sreten.

Exact for a full BSC compensation ! but a precision, if 2kHz ~ LR4 3.3mH but 2kHz ~ LR2/B3 2.2mH. That is the explanation of the inductor value difference between our schema and the ZX spectrum.

A reference article about BSC :
Baffle Step Compensation
See the link True Audio TechTopics: Diffraction Loss
But we include BSC in the crossover, avoid extra components.

Exact for a full BSC compensation ! but a precision, if 2kHz ~ LR4 3.3mH but 2kHz ~ LR2/B3 2.2mH. That is the explanation of the inductor value difference between our schema and the ZX spectrum.

Thanks Jerome. I had not yet done much reading about bsc, I was thinking it was more complicated than that.

I've been tinkering with speakers for years. They've always ended up better than the cheap speakers from big box stores, but something was always missing because I've only ever tried to make basic crossovers based on values that I've got from online calculators or generic values.

I'm going to keep studying though, I've still got a few pairs to make good crossovers for. I've got one pair that I made about 12 years ago that still have nothing but a capacitor hanging from the tweeter terminal.

You guys have given me pearls though and I'm glad that I'm learning how to do these designs with a little more finesse!

Edit: Jerome, about the bass..I did try it for a moment without my subs to see what it sounded like and it was surprisingly good.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.