Hi-Vi D6.8 Best thing to do with them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Inductor,
I'm on holiday in Australia at the moment and have just checked out this thread. Your ideas for the drivers may work and be interesting to try but I think my plans would be better. With your design a box size in excess of 60 litres would be needed whereas with mine it is 29 litres. Half the size!
Try and model the drivers yourself with Win Isd Pro with an EBS -3 db alignment and see what you get.
I understand all the drawbacks of isobaric arrangements with regard efficiency, but in this instance I am considering acoustic efficiency for these drivers in a small box. All other arrangements that I have tried lead to a much bigger box.

I see with interest (at) your project. Have nothing against besides the correct matching of drivers and crossover design.
Are you going to measure or doing some frd's/zma's of them for accurate simulations or do you have another plan. Is it an active or passive xover system?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.