hi power smps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
20v 50A @ 115 v primary , i am not too convinced about the primary turns. the combination you've mention seems right for 220 mains version ..i think its the copper thats getting hot...try reducing primary turns...!
and yes there's a piece of advice i need too ..can all the ferrites in PC power supply be used at 250 Khz ?

medogrizli said:
Is it possbile to make PFC power supply using only SG3525

no, you will need a pfc controller also, ie.. ir1150

depending on power level you will you use dcm or ccm modes.

there are chip that do both pfc and pwm together, ie.. UCC28521

however, we need a lot more information about what you are trying to accomplish.

input voltages, output voltages, power and current etc....

jamesrnz said:

no, you will need a pfc controller also, ie.. ir1150

depending on power level you will you use dcm or ccm modes.

there are chip that do both pfc and pwm together, ie.. UCC28521

however, we need a lot more information about what you are trying to accomplish.

input voltages, output voltages, power and current etc....

WHY using pfc ? Thats for industry and hi power only
Can current peaks (without PFC) be problem for home chokes ?

Can someone suggest me integrated HALF bridge(2 mosfets) and H bridge high and low side mosfet driver ???

What makes better results: little ferrite driving transformers or integrated drivers? lets presume I am using SG

Hi

Yes, but 100M people use much more power then factory, so we should use pfc too. This peaks load power lines right to power plant, cousing power dissipation in lines,... wich means that if power plant produces 100Mw and nobody has pfc, even if consumption is 75Mw (by users), power plant will see power of 100Mw, with pfc this could be more like 95Mw out of 100Mw. If you look at % of power going into heating of cables,...(loses), then you will see that if is better to have pfc.

I wouldn't use pfc for every supply but if powerfull enough(>200w) then yes.

medogrizli said:

Can current peaks (without PFC) be problem for home chokes ?

Can someone suggest me integrated HALF bridge(2 mosfets) and H bridge high and low side mosfet driver ???

What makes better results: little ferrite driving transformers or integrated drivers? lets presume I am using SG

Medo-

The only chip I have seen with control and HI-side & LO-side drivers integrated onto the same die is the Philips TEA1620T-P. It is a ZVS resonant-mode controller with a ground-referenced totem-pole driver for one of the outputs, and a floating totem-pole output for the other output. Go to www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/T/E/A/1/TEA1610P.shtml to find out more.

I have always wondered why IR or maybe ONSemi haven't done this yet. It would be a BIG help in pc board layout and circuit design. Referencing your question of which is better- small driver transformer or driver chip, I would say that varies from designer to designer, and the circuit you're designing. If you need primary-to-secondary isolation with control on the secondary side, then the driver xfmr is the way to go. If isolation is neither important nor desired, then a driver chip would be the way to go.

Steve

luka said:
Hi

Yes, but 100M people use much more power then factory, so we should use pfc too. This peaks load power lines right to power plant, cousing power dissipation in lines,... wich means that if power plant produces 100Mw and nobody has pfc, even if consumption is 75Mw (by users), power plant will see power of 100Mw, with pfc this could be more like 95Mw out of 100Mw. If you look at % of power going into heating of cables,...(loses), then you will see that if is better to have pfc.

I wouldn't use pfc for every supply but if powerfull enough(>200w) then yes.

What do you care about power plant: when they rise price for amount of power they dont care about you

P.S I cant see PFC intregrated for more than 400W ?

After all HI power SMPS are only frequently used at home: for HI power AMP etc...

You dont use 1 kW AMP the wholde day... etc

N-Channel said:

I have always wondered why IR or maybe ONSemi haven't done this yet. It would be a BIG help in pc board layout and circuit design. Referencing your question of which is better- small driver transformer or driver chip, I would say that varies from designer to designer, and the circuit you're designing. If you need primary-to-secondary isolation with control on the secondary side, then the driver xfmr is the way to go. If isolation is neither important nor desired, then a driver chip would be the way to go.

Steve

What is better for more accurate square wave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.