Hi from Germany

Hi,

my name is Henner and i´m from Siegen in Germany - a city right between Cologne and Frankfurt. First I want to say sorry for my bad english. Perhaps it get´s better as time goes by ;)
My main topic ist restoring vintage turntables and speakers and in the last years mostly the smaller IMF models.

I'm looking forward to the exchange here in the forum.

Grüssle Henner

Reactions: 1 user
This is a test-pic:

Weiche Compact.jpg

... works?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your advice, but this was only a test, how to post a pic in this forum - sorry.

BTW - This speaker is out of the 70ies and C1 is an oldschool british "elcap" electrolytic capacitor and without C2, wich is a little fast polyester "chicklet" made by Philips, the performance would not be worth mentioning. Both parts for themselves are not very suitable for high quality audio use - but together they work on a nice level...
The tweeter is the KEF T27, that you might know from the KEF LS 3/5a speakers.

My first thread will be about the IMF Compact series... coming very soon.

Grüssle Henner

Thanks for your advice, but this was only a test, how to post a pic in this forum - sorry.

BTW - This speaker is out of the 70ies and C1 is an oldschool british "elcap" electrolytic capacitor and without C2, wich is a little fast polyester "chicklet" made by Philips, the performance would not be worth mentioning. Both parts for themselves are not very suitable for high quality audio use - but together they work on a nice level...
The tweeter is the KEF T27, that you might know from the KEF LS 3/5a speakers.

My first thread will be about the IMF Compact series... coming very soon.

Grüssle Henner
What make is the mid/woofer?.

I once built a Wireless World active 3way speaker system which used Kef drivers - B110 & T27 for the satellites suspended on chains from the ceiling and two B139s in a separate sub built into a large coffee table with them pointing down. I think it was one of Seigfreid Linkwitz's designs using electronic delays to align the drivers, and his Linkwitz Transform for sub LF roll off compensation. It really shook the house.

Hello. I have spend memorable time in the Sauerland, and long long ago my parents even took me to your hometown Siegen. Probably to visit the Dillenburger Schloss, but I cant remember we ever arrived there. Oh well, the Orange-Nassau fail to attend at my birthday year after year. Never thought about Siegen as the city between Köln and Frankfurt Main ;-) I love Köln, climbed the Dom a few times, visited the Weihnachtsmärkt and emptied some Stange Kölsch at Brauhaus Päffgen (the real one in the Friesenstraße). Enjoy your stay at the forum

The answer to your question: No