• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project

We do not know but the boxed Najda (waf-audio) worth about 545 € (tax free) (~640 US $), and in view of the superior quality level of this "ultimate dsp", I think one can imagine a slightly higher rate... But nothing is less certain...

Gentlemen - before you get all excited, these units are being made in limited numbers and low volume is an expensive proposition even when things are made in china ! If you want cheap stuff then stick to mindsp. I've always said from the outset that I was trying to produce a hi-end product where cost wasn't necessarily the highest priority and was not trying to compete with the cheaper dsp solutions which are probably manufactured by the truck load using cheap 1 dollar dacs and noisy regulators !

I have had quite a few people including OEM's who make mega-buck speakers try and low-ball me using some $100 DAC board that they have sourced from somewhere and yes I could have made something like that as well and offered it for $95 but that would have just been a race to the bottom ! Sorry but I can't help you ! When people see these products all they see is a board full of nickle and dime jelly beans and don't see the work that goes into writing the firmware that runs on it. And in my case the two additional custom hardware chips which add much needed functionality to the existing dsp hardware.

The starting price this for unit will be around USD $1500 which includes the case but excludes any audio IO options. You add the audio IO options to suit your needs and we pre-assemble and test the unit ready for shipping. Shipping cost could be anywhere from $50-160 USD depending on location and excludes any taxes. Also we make these to order so allow 2-3 weeks lead time which includes testing. These are pe-assembled kits and do not have any compliance certificates.

As this is not the right forum to canvas costings please send a private email if you need any more details. And yes we were going to offer boards and may still go down that track but for the small run of boards that we have got made means that is not a practical proposition at this stage. However perhaps a cut down version with a cheaper DAC and lower cost connectors and case etc maybe appropriate for a crowd source funded campaign ?

Kind Regards
David

Last edited:
(at long term in the future) a cutdown-cost version populated board (but without dac ic and section) with a newer or latest generation adsp sharc would be a very good idea in my opinion for groupbuy and/or crowdfunding.... as of now I continue focussing my interest on nice locost dsp or arm-cortex boards as of now but your solution is perfectly nice and still afforadble for the serious decided ones... selling boards only (for diy groupbuy) could be interesting in the not so long term.

Last edited:
Still interested and email sent

Thanks for the update Dave.

Like-for-like you're replacing high-end DAC, pre-amp and active crossover with something with a lot more functionality. A few years ago who'd have thought you could quickly change crossover filter types, frequencies and slopes on the fly?

It seems like a very good price to me.

Regards, Dave.

Been following this since early 2015.
Got frustrated in the time it was taking to become available, but understand the reasons why.
Bought the Hypex DLCP modules in the meantime (similar functionality).
I would be interested in upgrading to a fully built/tested Analog-Precision unit though, when the fully formed product eventually appears.
Still watching/waiting with interest. ;)

My Ultimate Preamp is being built and tested now. Qwin, they are definitely available for purchase.

Dephonica is currently not available according to their website.

FWIW I think the Ultimate Preamp is grossly underpriced.

As I understand it, from the posting on here by Tranquility Bass post #912, there have been a limited number of pre-production hand built items made and these are not representative of the final product in build quality and finish. Maybe I've read that wrong and he's talking in general about his final production being on a small batch basis and not benefiting from the reduced cost available through mass production.

Last edited: