Here is my last creation - DOCAFET class A amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RedFloyd,

When you ask advice on a circuit in this forum, people take you at your word when they respond. Your defensiveness would indicate that you never had intended to pay close attention, and this upsets some while others walk away.

If you are being ingenuous and know much more than you are letting on, then you could still be more receptive.

Roar and Andrew have given great advice, and your amp has promise. But as it stands it is a low feedback design and could be better. However, it's hefty Class AB, so it will likely sound damn good anyway. The point is you can improve upon it.

The Zobel improves damping and enhances output stage stability under reactive loading and high frequencies. You can do without it, but its sonic impact is insignificant and it makes the amp easier to minimally compensate for best sonics. Delete it at your cost.

Remember, ego changes everything....

Ciao,

Hugh

Okay okay :cannotbe: ... Please be keen with me since I'm not usally english speaking (I'm a french Quebecois!), so maybe sometime I'm not expressing myself correctly or I'm misunderstanding some of you guys.

I will take into acount your comments, but I'm not planning on making changes on my amp in short term. Maybe I should try first using a higher bias current in my drivers, since I did not really though about this one when I was designing the circuit.

Also, the Zobel will be added outside the pcb for now.

And don't be shy to build one of my circuit, since I paid good attention at simulation, testing and choosing transistors when I designed it.

I also think that for a such amp that does'nt use reference design of a modified version of a good knowed amp, the result is very good. You know, it's impossible to reinvent the wheel, but everyone should try the make a custom and better one! :D

I wish to all of you a very good day. :D

Is there an easily available such fet component one could use?
(personally I think that is a part of designing somehow)..
I'm thinking of maybe?
fdv301n,fdv302p ,3 and 4 and maybe bss84?bst82, thoose are components I can buy here in town.. they are not exactly J-fet, it says Dmos but anyway..

You could even try using an irf or irfd component hehe ;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.