Help with modding Pioneer PD 9700 cd player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Friends,

I am a newbie to this wonderful forum from Bristol in the uk. I have a severe physical disability so sadly cannot do any mods myself.

I recently changed my Nakamichi OMS 7 MK 1 cd player for a Pioneer pd 9700 as I needed optical output for my minidisc players the pioneer was not too expensive and seems quite well built. However, the treble seems quite hard; I can pay for parts and time in beer:). I do not have a lot of cash so try to do things for a reasonable cost. A reclock or seperate dac would cost such a lot; I might sqeak to a reclock if any members in my area could fit it for me.

My system is: Old Inca Tech Sabre amp from the 80's
Pioneer PD 9700 CD Player
Kef concerto speakers 1970's?
Various minidiscs.

Listening to music is a real joy to me + I make compilations for folk with even less mobility than I have. Can't help feeling this wonderful forum has the answer to my problem. If anyone has any suggestions or is able to help in a practical way, it would mean such a lot to me. Will email more details if anyone can help.

Thanks again for this wonderful forum,

John W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.