help with europower ep-2500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What I think happens.

Over a period of time, the bias pots creep from their proper setting. That's why I ALWAYS cement, glue , or silicone them after making proper adjustment. And that keeps the uneducated from opening it up and "screwing around." Seems like none of the amps I've seen come from the factory with the pots secured.

Adjustments of an EP2500

Does anybody have the calibration routine on the EP2500?

I can tell something is wrong with it, as the lower part of amp, the negative half is much warmer than the positive.
90 degrees C against 65 degrees C, measured on the four transitors wit an IR termometer. And it turns off after some half to one hour, 8 amp mechanical fuse goes home.

I am afraid of a current limit pot creeper... =)
I did the usuel fastening of rectifier bridges that get lose, making it a cooler.
But I need the bias procerdure and the current limit procedure.

BTW, is this a copy of a Crown amp?

Either 90 or 60deg C are too hot if the amp is in idle.

This is a copy of a QSC RMX2450 so the calibration is the same if you match-up the components on the QSC diagram.

If the main 8A fuse is blowing, I suspect more than just calibration, possibly one side of the amp is down or the rail switches are misbehaving.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.