Help with bamboo ply for speakers enclosure, cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, that makes more sense now. You are right the top layers and the core of the Lowes countertop board are the same direction. I didn't notice any cracks in the pile of boards when I purchased mine, and was sure to inspect carefully the boards I picked out. The top layers are much higher grade material than the core as you can see.

These sat in my house for a few weeks before they were cut, and have been a few months since they were cut, and the boards haven't split, warped, anything. So far so good and I suspect that if it hasn't cracked yet it probably never will. As I said I was more disappointed with the core gaps than anything that had to be filled.

Last edited:
Toronto, North York
That is the actual problem you just mentioned and I do not drive..
No large distributors care any decent material for speakers in Toronto
I check and asked them if they could order 4x8 foot sheet at the following stores
Rona, Home Depot, Home Hardware, Canadian Lumber, Lowes

Try contacting local custom high end kitchen cabinet , furniture, commercial millwork manufactures - they often will have access to products not regularly found at mainstream / big box stores, and of course will have more than adequate machinery for cutting parts. Some careful sweet talking and Friday afternoon bribery with cash for the materials and a cool 24 can get amazing results. At least it does on the Wet Coast

..and this thread may have already caught the attention of local DIYers who could offer further advice / assistance

maybe we need a "find your friends" app -Jason - any thoughts on that? :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.