Help with a Sharp QA2500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all, just wondering if somebody can help me out.

Doing some optical research with a used Sharp QA2500 LCD panel sold "as is" (w/o manual). I'm using it connected to a laptop and I was wondering why it won't allow me to adjust Tint, Color and Brightness (only Contrast). "Invalid" message flashes whenever I try it. I was thinking perhaps they're disabled when connected to a computer (i.e. forcing you to adjust settings on the computer instead).

Also, as a point of curiosity, what's the official contrast ratio on one of these? This may be because it's used and a little worn but I've only measured about a 50:1 contrast ratio on full contrast settings, using a laser at wavelength 550nm (green-yellow), and I could've sworn it was advertised to be at least 3-4x that. Could also be inaccurate sensors. I'm trying to tweak the other video settings so as to increase contrast at the wavelength I'm using.

Could somebody plz help?? (N00b yeah I know)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.