Help please! Troubleshooting LM3886

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Where is the number on them? It's my girlfriends sax, she bought it about 7 years ago but we live in a terraced house so she wasn't really able to practice.

I will get a photo if we ever see sunshine again in the jolly UK. At least the rain will wash the bloodstains from this weekends stabbing at the end of the street away.

John

So, all the problem with the low volume was due to the dodgy ebay attenuators . Surely they were not 10k ohms as advertised.

I first increased the gain from 20 to around 31 db and the volume was still very low, so I decided to replace the attenuators with a normal dual pot- a standard, alpha type 10k log carbon one that I bought new for 2 quid at Maplin (UK made by the way)- and voila! the amp became alive, powerful and articulate.

The only issue left is that after increasing the gain (for which I replaced the 2K feedback resistor with a 3K16R one) the DC offset went up from 40mv in one channel and 68 on the other to 66 and 100mv (this is with and without source connected).

From what I have read I should nto worry that much about this. Or, should I?

I will soon post some photos.

Thanks to you all.

Antonio

john blackburn said:
Where is the number on them? It's my girlfriends sax, she bought it about 7 years ago but we live in a terraced house so she wasn't really able to practice.

I will get a photo if we ever see sunshine again in the jolly UK. At least the rain will wash the bloodstains from this weekends stabbing at the end of the street away.

John

John,

The number could be anywhere (check below the thumb hook at the back. If it does not have number only with a photo one can know more or less the year and series. Any writings on it, the shape of the engraving, or the lack of it , and the finishing (lacker, silver plate, etc) help.

If you can send me a photo.

Antonio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.