help Phonic Powerpod7

hello guys,

I am currently servicing a Phonic Powerpod 7 unfortunately the technician from the other shop who serviced this mixer/amp the last time erase the part # on the power modules/ic's.:( I emailed phonic corp. and they told me that they do not provide schematics for their products (gee, talk about technical support:whazzat: ) seems that they are only interested in selling their products. I tried googling and digging for info but none avail. I tried powdering the power ic with graphite to see if I could lift out some markings (ala CSI) but none is left. The power modules where the STK, STR,STV type I guess. Please help me identify the power modules. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Audiomachines

hello anatech, zeonrider,

The power modules is at fault, there is a large dc voltage on their output. I've measured the supply voltage directly on pins of the power module. +50V on pin# 14, -50V on pin#12 reference to Ground which is pin# 3

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 279
hello destroyerX, zeonrider

Glad you love those images sir. zeonrider, that is my guess too, an STK powermodule. Anyway I got some clues from the amp board; the power module is a mono amplifier 100W into 8 ohms, runs on a +/-50 power supply, pin #14 is the +Vcc, pin #12 is the -Vee, pin #3 is the Gnd, 4 external .33 ohms Re resistors connected to pin #13,17,16 and pin #18 connected to the speaker buss. I'll try to cross reference it to STK's amp diagrams to see if I could find a match. Don't worry I'll still be a loyal Phonic user. Look at my rack:D

Best Regards,
Audiomachines

Attachments

• rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 173
hello zeonrider,

Gee,zeonrider you beat me to it:D thanks a lot. Ok I will post some pics. Here is my equipment Phonic MQ3600 EQ, Phonic PCL 3200 Compressor/Gate/Limiter,Phonic Impact 16 16 channel + 2 stereo input mixer, 2 Phonic Mar 6 power amps, 2 Mar 4 power amps. Planning to purchase 2 Phonic XP5000B by the end of the month. Many thanks. Case closed.:)

Best Regards,
audiomachines

Hi, I know its been a long time since this post was alive. I have a Phonic 1860 powerpod mixer that is on the blink. Do you have circuits for this one too, it would be a great help but I can get along by myself, just a bit harder. Also do you know what I can use instead of RFP 50N06? 60v 50A Mosfet. there don't seem to be any replacements around.......Thanks a lot guys, :)

Thanks Zionrider, I will look for a 'Mouser" outlet in Australia. I know they are in the US. None of the existing outlets stock it ... Is it difficult to post a copy of the cct for the 1860 on here or are there problems? I can be PM'ed if it will help. Do you charge a fee?
Thanks Again.