help! -- newly built Elekit TU-8500 preamp not powering on

Hi -- I just finished building an Elekit TU-8500 preamp and it won't power on. I've built two ACA's which both worked on the first try but am otherwise a noob to DIY electronics. I'm not sure how to check to make sure if I've hooked up the power supply correctly or if it's working and if the problem lies elsewhere. Can anyone help me debug what's going on? I have a multimeter but not much else in the way of tools beside the usual mechanical ones. Thanks!

Thanks to Victor for his speedy help. In case anyone else reads this thread and wants to know what happened, I misread the instructions and didn't solder the fuse clips onto the board. I thought they only had to be snapped into place. Once I soldered them, everything worked correctly. Rookie mistake. ;-(

Thanks to Victor for his speedy help. In case anyone else reads this thread and wants to know what happened, I misread the instructions and didn't solder the fuse clips onto the board. I thought they only had to be snapped into place. Once I soldered them, everything worked correctly. Rookie mistake. ;-(
Well, there is indeed a 'no solder' comment in the instruction step for the fuse holder, which made me pause for a moment until I decided that they must surely mean to not solder the fuse to the fuse holder, and only that. It certainly is an odd comment, who would solder a replaceable fuse into its holder?

Well, that is what it is trying to say. I don't know how many people would solder a replaceable fuse into its holder. But we do have a statistic of at least one who was misled by the comment in the instructions. To me it also seemed like an odd comment, that's what I'm trying to say.
Overall the instructions are marvelous, though, especially the inclusion of check boxes for every single component!
My only suggestion would be to make the check boxes stand out more, since they are spread inside the step instructions. That could help with verifying that one didn't overlook a check box. Maybe bold boxes with thicker lines?