Help Needed With KSS-151A 'Sticky' Laser Head

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have an Akai CD-73 CD player, using a kss-151a laser with a small problem. When inserting a disc, the laser moves to the correct position, but the laser head does not bounce up and down as normal to read the disc.

The solution is to tap the machine on the side, to 'free' the laser, then all works fine, and the disc plays normally.

I took the cover off the laser and gave it a clean with some isopropyl alcohol, and also removed a hair there, but it didn't fix it. I thought maybe it was dirty, and sticking, but the laser head was unhindered, and moved freely. Would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions.

Many thanks.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'm not familiar with this player so just talking generally here.

This could be nothing more than a slipping loading belt or dirty "after load" switch. When the draw closes does the mech fully complete the loading cycle and do any micro switches that the drawer and mech operate on close correctly ?

The symptoms you describe are common for that problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.