Help needed to find PVM 1702

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you mean the EVM-1702 evaluation board for the PCM1702, then it has long been discontinued. If you want one you will probably have to try the parts brokers like Usbid.com and as the EVM-1702 was only very expensive when current by now it should be through the roof.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi rfbrw,
as the EVM-1702 was only very expensive when current by now it should be through the roof.
Oh yeah. I could only drool, no way I had the money at the time.

Alexiss,
You would be further ahead to have the board made and stuff it yourself. Why do you want an EVM ? It will work as a stand alone DAC, but what else do you want it for?

-Chris

Thank you very much guys for your help...

A friend of mine asked me to help him find a very high quality stand-alone DAC-unit, equipped with the HDCD decoder, and the idea of using an evaluation board like EVM1702 as such is a very lucrative one...

Thank you rfbrw; I will give the site that you suggested a shot and hope for the best...

As for why I want to use an EVM; of course anatech is right; I would probably be better off putting it together myself, but then it is the time it takes to make the PCB, and the impossibility of finding the darn HDCD decoder chip!!

By the way; do you have any recommendations as to which evaluation boards (available) to use for this idea?

Thank you again for your help

cheeree-o

Alexiss

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Alexiss,
I understand. Why not have a look at the latest TI/BB offerings in eval boards. At least your friend will get "state of the art", sort of. My favorite DAC chip so far is the PCM1702. PCM63 may have been similar.

As for the Crystal 8412 chip (I assume this is what you want), buy a scrap DAC and use it for parts. I'll bet you can pick up a dead Audio Alchemy DAC. The supply regulators usually go, but never the reciever chip. They also used OP275GP op amps. They are pretty good.

-Chris

Thanks anatech for your tips.

As far as the receiver IC's, DACs, regulators and Linear IC's are concerned, there are ample sources to choose from.

The problem is the PMD-100 HDCD decoder.

Someone else actually gave me the exact same advice: To salvage the HDCD decoder from a used CD player (ROTEL, a.o.).

I will take your advice seriously and take a look at the TI, Analog, and other manufacturers for up-to-date evaluation boards, because they SAVE TIME and they have VERY GOOD build/component quality.

Can you guys recommend any -one- by the way??

Cheeree-o-

Alexiss

Thank you very much anatech for your tips!

I did not know that about the fact that some Audio Alchemy products have the PMD-100 chip!!

But I think a collective buy (a group buy through diyaudio), suggested by Alexandre would be absolutely wonderfull!!

Please respond!

with regards:

Alexiss

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.