• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help needed in Bloomington IN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I have a problem with an integrated p/p tube amp I recently purchased. I was led to believe from the seller and all literature/markings, etc that it was a 220v amp, yes a chinese one. When I hooked it up to 110v it worked but the tubes were dimly lit imo and the sound though nice sounded a little thin, so I bought a stup up converter and hooked it up. Well the tubes lit up allright for a few seconds then the fuse in the 800w converter blew (amp rated 250w) and a smell of overheated components eminated from the amp. Now only the right channel works, I tried switching the tubes and still only the right channel works. Seems this is a 110v unit afterall. I am over my head here and am seeking help from someone local who can troubleshoot this amp, I do have a schematic. Thank you all, farneyblakeley@lycos.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.