• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help needed for a 6L6 Push pull amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Didn't read the entire thread, and could not find whether you specified P-P or SE, but here are the specs I'd expect:

P-P class AB 15-18 watts
P-P UL class AB 12-14 watts (best overall, IMHO)
P-P class A 8-12 watts
SE 4-6 watts

For the 6L6 I use a 3k ohm primary for SE. The 6V6 OTOH needs the higher impedance and cannot put out as much power. The 6V6 max Pdiss is 13-14 watts, where the 6L6 is up to 30 watts.

Hope this helps.
Gabe

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Thanks for your suggestions and help.
Gabe,
It's an UL P-P class A.
richj,
Now I own EHX 6L6GC.I'd like very much to try 5881.Will these tubes give me some more power or they are the same with 6L6s.
I also like to try the metal cans 6L6.Like Franstar suggested to me.

My amp will be ready in a few days.Hope I'll be satisfied with the final results.Around 10W though.Maybe it will be better to build it with EL84. :(

resident said:
Now I own EHX 6L6GC.I'd like very much to try 5881.Will these tubes give me some more power or they are the same with 6L6s.

Generally the 5881's will run more conservatively when used in 6L6 circuits.....greater longevity.....however keep an eye on envelope dimensions......if your space is cramped.
Take a peep at frank'm electron tube data sheets at http://frank.pocnet.net/index.html

richj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.