• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help me to Identify this Tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi...

I've used zaerix ecc88 and also siemens cca on my preamplifier - audible illusions 3 for years (i've sold my preamp)
In my opinion, zaerix won overal in terms of bass control, dynamics, high extension and detail also very good mid. siemens cca bit too fatty on mid and not as open and clear as zaerix.
you can find this zaerix much cheaper than siemens :)

As I said earlier in this thread, Zaerix used whatever Russian or East European valves they could buy. Traditionally they were one of the cheaper rebranders, used for equipment repairs and by hobbyists. Best to regard them as a cheap way to buy genuine Russian NOS valves! Buying Russian valves direct from Russian suppliers would probably be even cheaper and you might have more chance of getting the valve you expect.

I ordered 6H23N-EB from Rusia store last month and the unit came yesterday, I tested to my car audio tube amp and the 6H23N-EB is much much much better than Zaerix.
The vocal is very wet and emotional solid, the mid bas is very solid also, and overall sound dynamic is very good, I will give this tube rate : A++, I would give it A+++ but I never tested Siemens CCa.
Very recommended.

Hi Eherdian,

I also tested Zaerix vs Mullard Gold Pin ECC88 and I prefer much for Zaerix, I love the dynamic, detail dan softness of this Zaerix.
And I sold the Mullard.

In here, the shop asked the Zaerix for usd.160,--/pair, and yes it is cheaper than CCA.

You won't believe me if I tell you how much I paid for 1 pair zaerix e88cc new in box :)
I bought it from my friend (he had a bunch of it but it's all gone now) approx usd 10 for 1 pair :D

The other tube I like besides this zaerix is amperex 6dj8 white labels, it sounds neutral, fast, and detailed also...

I'm 100% sure those Zaerix are actually 6N23p tubes.

I have some of those. I beleive there was a German gentleman that had the sole right to sell russian and RFT tubes in the West. During the cold war, all the zaerix, Tronal and RSD tubes where sold by his shell company.

And by the way, i have some CCa and their identical to the siemens E88cc tubes. in construction down to the production stamp on the getter support. Its stupid to pay more than €5-10 per tube for those.

V4lve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.