help me deciding on multimeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ah..so basically tektronix also good?..i've been searching for DMM these day and google show me the tektronix

noted.and yea..i bought crappy chinese DMM and all of them disappoint me very well

i don't know where i could buy that oldie here since i couldn't reach ebay :(

i have some candidate :

Brymen BM857
Brymen BM257
Amprobe AM570
Tektronix DMM914

which one is good w/ their price range?.

They Brymen's are GREAT meters for the price. The BM257 is a great solid meter, well built etc. If you want to purchase it new. I can fully recommend Franky Tong. He is a member at eevblog (sn: iloveelectronics) and has a list of happy customers a mile long. He is in Hong Kong, so shipping to you should be fast and easy (much quicker than China Post). As for the other brymen, I have the big brother of the BM857A, the BM859A and that thing is REALLY solidly built. Additionally, for audio purposes it has a dBm function with 20 selectable impedence ranges (2ohm, 4 ohm, etc. etc.) If you can swing the BM857A you will NOT be disappointed. It is a VERY safe meter (easily on par with Fluke's).

The Tektronix is pretty solid as well but I feel that you pay a LOT for the name. The meter tends to lag behind in features and specs.

The Amprobe should be good, don't know much about it personally.

thumbs up for franky (and the eevblog, lol).

really too bad that good brand gear is so expensive to much of the world, via ebay. we, in the US, are very spoiled by affordable shipping and the wealth of used tek/fluke/hp/etc gear that's out there.

there's a pride of ownership in the higher end brands. but I realize it can be too expensive depending on where you live.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.