Help - Kenwood AG-203A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the Kenwood AG-203A parameter table. I want to know why 400HZ-20KHZ is 0.1%, why is 10HZ-1MHZ 1.5%? For example, is 1KHZ 0.1% or 1.5%?

Attachments

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg
    bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 119
The most important band is 400Hz - 20kHz, hence the lowest distortion there at 0.1%. 1kHz is in that band, so distortion at 1kHz is (below) 0.1%.
Below 400Hz distortion rises, so at 100Hz is 0.3% and at 10Hz is 1.5%.
Above 20kHz distortion also rises, so at 100kHz is 0.3% and at 1MHz is 1.5%.
Edit: Mooly was faster. :)

Manufacturer guaranties distortion at 1 kHz is lower than 0.1%. It may be no more than 0.05%, but it can not be 0.0001%. If you need very, very low distortion, look for better equipment.

Someone used this instrument to measure the value of 1K 0.0001%. I suspect that he is deliberately misleading the beginner. I need more authoritative evidence to refute him. I hope everyone can help because the "or less" of the business is inaccurate. .

Someone used this instrument to measure the value of 1K 0.0001%. I suspect that he is deliberately misleading the beginner. I need more authoritative evidence to refute him. I hope everyone can help because the "or less" of the business is inaccurate. .

Even though just about everyone on this forum knows that this level of distortion is impossible from the equipment you listed I don't think you're going to be able to get a definitive answer to this question. The reason is that you'll need to find someone who has extensive experience with this oscillator that has measured it, worked on it, tweaked it for better performance, etc. The problem is that this is not a widely used piece of equipment so few folks will have that kind of extensive experience with it.

At best a well designed and underrated piece of test gear may give you an order of magnitude better performance than the ratings so with a rating of < .1% THD on the AG-203A you might expect for it to get to around .01% if its working perfectly and that's a stretch for sure.... To say it can output a signal with 3 orders of magnitude better distortion than the original manufacturers rating without a total redesign of the electronics is either mis-measurement or total hogwash.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.