• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help for Main Transformer Spec for CCDA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a grounding question.

The HV centre-tapped schematic shown above has a dot line on jumper J13 which bridges the PCB’s ground to the chassis. If I use the RCA jack isolated from the chassis. Do I jumper the J13? If not where do I ground the signal ground to the chassis?

I want to use a LED to indicate the CCDA is on. What is the simple way to do it?

Just finished the building of the CCDA. After tuning the R9 to 6.8k, the sound is quite amazing. Good ambience and rich harmonics.

A special thanks to Jim who helped me getting a good quality transformer with less cost and
the wiring of the heaters in voltage doubler configuration.

The cost of the EDCOR-XPWR196-240 + shipping to Australia is USD108.

The EDCOR is well build and solid with no buzz and hum. The CCDA is quiet.

I deployed the 4 x 100uf 500v Black Gates from my dismayed kit built to be used in the CCDA project. They are happy to find a home to show their performance.

Here are the pics for the CCDA.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.