Help! Fixing Amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A very old repair man told me someday

When i asked him why he worked in a stupid way, taking components one by one out of circuit and testing them... why not think about, make analysis and go directly into the one you suspect to be burned.

And always when i asked him whats the problem is this damn radio .... he always answered to me....DEFECT!

And i asked him....why don't you tell me, you are 50 years experienced man!.... you work with this damn motorola giant things since the fifties, why not to give me the way.

He answered.... because i really do not know... everyday a new defect in old radios... cannot say defect, the more a can do for you is to deduce what circuit will be the great guilty....but sometimes, other parting is sending bad informations, sometimes the transformer is making the problem, sometimes inside damn component open and close circuit as a switch.... crazy things happens.

I asked him....but remove whole suspect circuit measuring one by one is crazy!.

He told me...yes, is stupid, but my experience told me that, this way we really find the damaged one and when you compare analysis to components remotion, less time to remove, better to change all chips because those damn black boxes are very temperamental.... very clever to created strange deffects. Days of analysis can be replaced for ours of changinneers works... a change enginneer.

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.