Help! building acoustic suspension box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Must have misunderstood your dimensions. My error, oops.

Maybe you could use a couple of these- Dayton Audio DCS165-4 6-1/2" Classic Subwoofer 4 Ohm
or here is one that looks good and is a clearance buyout special-
HP-6020 6-1/2" Poly Cone Woofer with Rubber Surround 8 Ohm
Use two in your box or even three if your amp will drive it. How about these? It has a rubber surround which means much longer life and the low Q means good and tight. Q is the measure of stored energy with a higher Q meaning more stored energy of which I am not a fan.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,

FWIW IMO IMHO = In my honest opinion. (Humble adds nothing to IMO.)

rgds, sreten.

At the dawn of the internet age this is certainly what it meant around here. Not sure when it changed? I've been on the internet since about 1988 - well before the worldwideweb existed. The antonym to IMNSHO or In my not so honest opinion, i.e. reflecting my personal bias.

Good choise!

Hi All,

FYI:Checking Rulo's initial pick of a .1 Driver for Sub use = RCA WF60R:

b:)

Attachments

• Realistic_40-1022-Minimus-7__RCA-WF60R_Sugg.Sub-Driver_Box.jpg
    Realistic_40-1022-Minimus-7__RCA-WF60R_Sugg.Sub-Driver_Box.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 70
  • RCA-WF60R_Sugg.Sub-Driver_Box.JPG
    RCA-WF60R_Sugg.Sub-Driver_Box.JPG
    789.9 KB · Views: 66
Hi All,

FYI:Checking Rulo's initial pick of a .1 Driver for Sub use = RCA WF60R:

:eek: Correction: All Credit should be directed to sreten who suggested the $15.00 6 inch BS28-6P Aluminum Cone 8 Ohm Woofer-Driver for to be used in a 2.1 System.

The RCA WF-60R Amplifier mentioned by Rulo would (IMO) provide more Dynamic-headroom than necessary, as only 11 W Rms is needed to reach x-max.

As seen in the second of the submitted Pictures: In case of 2 Drivers if using the same Volume as for one Driver tuned to ~40 Hz:

This configuration returns a more sloping FR that is adequate if the Sub is placed near a Corner, i.e. in PI (Sr) where the Room boundary-Gain would improve the lower cut-off Frequency,too.

The RCA WF-60R Amplifier mentioned by Rulo would (IMO) provide more Dynamic-
headroom than necessary, as only 11 W Rms is needed to reach x-max.

Hi,

True in a sense. But subwoofers don't only reproduce sine waves.
What about 10W low down and 40W higher up at the same time ?
That can be 50W without exceeding the excursion limits.

Note that for use with the minimus 7's x/o frequency will be high.

rgds, sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.