hello, speaker repair advice?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am wanting to purchase a woofer foam repair kit for my Boston Acoustics T830's.
can anyone tell me which repair kit really is the best choice? I've been researching for days and just can't tell which kit provider to trust. I of course want the highest quality, best sounding repair as possible.
thanks

Hello,
I am wanting to purchase a woofer foam repair kit for my Boston Acoustics T830's.
can anyone tell me which repair kit really is the best choice? I've been researching for days and just can't tell which kit provider to trust. I of course want the highest quality, best sounding repair as possible.
thanks

I've re-foamed 6 Advent woofers with kits from 3 different suppliers. The first from Parts Express was the most elaborate with new dust caps and clear plastic shims to hold the voice coil centered. It worked out fine. The later kits had no shims or dust caps so you rely on the spider to hold the voice coil in place. Those also worked out fine but took a little less time as the dust caps were never disturbed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.