Hello - new member here from USA

Hello. I'm Alex, from West Palm Beach, FL. I am a musician and passionate music lover but I admit I don't know a great deal about audio hardware. I discovered this awesome forum after I recently found an old sharp / Sony CD-C612 3-disc CD changer at a garage sale for $15. I took it apart, cleaned out the laser lens several times, and used a can of compressed gas to attempt to clean the dust out of the circuit boards (there was alot) I bought an RCA to 3.5 mm adapter to plug it into my computer, so I could have surround sound coming from my computer when watching movies. All that ended up working great with the exception of cleaning the laser lens. I used a CD lens cleaner from Best Buy as well as rubbing alcohol on a Qtip - multiple times. I'm starting to suspect it is not the lens that is the problem. While CDs play much better than they previously did before cleaning, they still tend to skip periodically. I even bought a bunch of brand-new CDs to ensure it wasn't on the CD end. Brand-new CDs will still periodically skip. Not very badly, but still enough that I can't generally get through a full CD without some intermittent skipping.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what else I can do to fix this so it doesn't skip at all.

Also, the unit did not come with a remote control and I am trying to find one on Amazon but finding a remote for the exact model seems impossible. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as a suitable remote control that would work for this unit because I'm really not sure which remote controls would work for it.

Also, I was thinking of getting better quality speakers (but idk what kind of speakers would work) on it and extending the wires from the speakers to the unit for a more surround sound setup (the wires that came with the unit were not very long), my girlfriend is deaf in one ear and I'd like to have a speaker right by her head so we don't have to blast movies at night just to hear dialog and then wake up the entire house. every time an explosion goes off.

Would these wires 16 gage work? And also is there anyone to get more than 4 speakers out of this thing?
https://www.amazon.com/Kinter-16-Ga...01204006&sprefix=speaker+wires,aps,742&sr=8-5
Thanks, and sorry I know its a lot of questions! Most important for me right now is the remote, extending the wires from the unit, and fixing CD player so it doesn't skip at all! If anyone can help with even one of these questions I will be profoundly thankful and glad I found these Forums.

-Alex