Hello from Rochester MN plus troubleshooting question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi-

After about 15 years of playing with high end car audio I finally have a living room that I intend to live in for more than a couple of years. I'm not doing anything crazy with it and using almost exclusively parts from Craigslist plus a few bits from parts express.

For now running a Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi
90s infinity reference based center channel and front speakers integrated into my corner tv stand with matching oak veneers
10" Stereo Integrity subwoofer in an enclosure that happens to look like it's just a black Ikea end table
??? surrounds coming soon (I was up in the ceiling this am working on options)

Anyways, I know that's nothing crazy but I'm really happy with it thus far for my $300 or so. Maybe my wife will get excited about it and we will go further down the wormhole! I know she wishes her car sounded like one of mine already.

Here is my question. I have these Bay Audio Jam Series "Jam Tower" crossovers/amplifiers that were supposedly new in the box that I was thinking about trying to use in some way or another. However, I can't figure out how they work! I know my question is probably stupid, but I don't know what I'm looking at here. Here is the story-

When plugged in the power light is green in the off position and red in the on position. There are 3 positions- I'm not sure what the 3rd one is for but I have tested in all 3.

I ran line 50 wrms line level input to the amplifier via the binding posts (that's the only input). The high output on the back works. I am not sure what frequency it is at but it has a high pass filter.

The mid and low output have no signal output.

Before taking the back off I tested the mid with the high hooked up in case it was wired in series in some way. I also tested with all 3 wired to 8 ohm speakers. No output.

I pulled the back off and did a bit of testing- found 16v between the blue/white wires and 32v between the two blue wires wires I presumed to be the input to the electronic crossover circuit. I found 35 or 40v (don't remember exact specifics) from each of the orange to the black ground cable on the amplifier itself.

My assumption is that something is not turning on or is missing in the signal path after the initial input is split in a high pass to the tweeter output and a low pass which heads off to be split to form the mid output and the low which then heads to be amplified.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0156.jpg
    DSC_0156.jpg
    814.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0158.jpg
    DSC_0158.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0147.jpg
    DSC_0147.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0149.jpg
    DSC_0149.jpg
    834.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0151.jpg
    DSC_0151.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0154.jpg
    DSC_0154.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 35
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Welcome to the forum!
I finally have a living room that I intend to live in for more than a couple of years.
LOL! I understand that statement. :up:

Don't know what to tell you about the amps, I've not seen any like that. If you don't get an answer here in a couple of days, feel free to repost in another forum. Maybe Solid State.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.