Hello From Old Dominion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanted to say "Hi!" I thought I'd found all of the interesting amplifier forums but was happy to stumble onto this place while searching for a solid state phase inverter.

Here's a SLIDESHOW of my most complex and fourth amp build. It's a replica of an AB763 Super Reverb with a few twists. The layout is based largely on Doug Hoffman's approach.

The Vibrato channel is virtually stock except for bias vary tremolo. The Normal channel is anything but normal. The tone stack is from a 6G16 Vibroverb. The Bright switch is intended to serve as a guitar/harmonica switch instead.

Speakers are Weber 10A125 and 10F150-T. Transformers are Mercury Magnetics.

Thought this would be a good way to introduce myself.

Cheers,
Chip

Welcome Chip!

Beautiful work man. Looks like guitar amps are a lot more complicated than home audio where we try to do nothing to the signal other than amplify voltage or current. You guys do all kinds of whacky things to it.

Keep up the good work and hope you can share your knowledge with us.

Welcome Chip!

Beautiful work man. Looks like guitar amps are a lot more complicated than home audio where we try to do nothing to the signal other than amplify voltage or current. You guys do all kinds of whacky things to it.

Keep up the good work and hope you can share your knowledge with us.

Thanks for the compliments. That Super Reverb is complicated by 1960s standards, but not today's. The spring reverb and bias vary tremolo do add some complexity to the circuit. It does have 2 "channels" starting out in the preamp, but they're not switchable. No overdrive, boost, buffered effects loop, etc. which are kind of standard on modern amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.