Hello from Devon, UK

I've been lurking here for some time but never really participated in actually building something - hence the lurk. Now though... approaching retirement (although do you ever retire when you run your own business?) I've decided to create a dedicated workshop space where I can fiddle with speakers and electronic gear. This is something that I did way back as a teenager when my insane parents let a 12 year old muck around with s/h valve radios - one of the first things I learnt was that 1,000 DC hurts rather more than 240v AC. I made it to 13 and built loads of stuff - largely picked up from an old British mag called 'Everyday Electronics'. I guess if you remember that then you're probably, like me, a boomer.

First off I've got a load of gear to renovate/repair: Rogers Cadet III amp, Leak Stereo 20 amp, a something Marantz, then a pair of Leak 15 ohm Sandwiches, Wharfedale Laser 80s, Celestion Ditton 25 and 15s, TDL RTL2s and 2 KEF B139 and T15s... thinking of a transmission line - something that has always fascinated me :) Then I'm wanting to try some of @Scottmoose designs and a Frugelhorn. That ought to keep me going until the hand-eye coordination buggers off south!

The RTL2s are first for treatment I think.. I gather @mikesnowdon did much on these it he's still around - he made some very useful posts.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey DD. I also live in Devon - I'm just on the edge of Dartmoor, near Crediton. I did just send you a message, to see if you'd like to converse. I have some ideas I'd love a bit of perspective on. Or even just getting to know someone of similar interests.

Glen P