Hello! and any advice on where to sell some tech?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hya and thank you for letting me in!

I am english and have an interest in electronics so have lurked about here for a while :)

I do not want to do anything wrong, but having seen some members asking where to buy things from, I have a new short term job , which has been setting up an ebay account for a company and listing their surpless stuff for sale...this has gone quite badly to be honest!....seems my love of shiny electronic things as a single mum of a 19 yr old ...strange in itself .....is not the same as general ebayers.... i have a lot of ex military stuff including lemo cables, which i have made really cheap on ebay, these can be robbed of parts and then would be extremely cheap even posted abroad.

Some of this is even suitable for space tech, military , surveillance etc so its the top notch stuff.

Where would you think i would be best promoting these as eBay is so slow I will be out of a job in a month!

You can see them here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gtluk/ It is all brand new, does anyone know of a free selling forum perhaps? maybe facebook pages I can promote on...then I can go back to lurking here as you have some great ideas and advice :)...maybe I can show you how to make a few things!

In the meanwhile please ask if you need anything I can help with.

In my non job role free time i am an artist, I paint old cars mainly Volkswagens , campervans and the Karmann Ghias, also paint onto luggage and recycled wood and love tech so about to make a new venture in pictures made of old unwanted components !

I am looking forward to participating and making some new friends.

Dept of free advice...

The items you have on your ebay site are not likely to be of interest to many, and almost zero in the audio community, just my opinion.

In addition, the items appear to be priced high - you might compare to what the same or similar items are going for.

This may be why you are not having success. But it's unclear to me where the items are coming from in the first place. The general idea is to offer things that people want at prices that are attractive/competitive.

Hi welcome to the forums... i'm always a little wary of these people on ebay that ask for
" middlemen/women " to sell their products. You have to wonder why they would pay someone a cut for doing something they are capable of doing themselves and lose profit in doing so.

Thank you for your replies :) think there is a market for the COFDM amps which the outside camera and function companies seem to use , not really a middle woman just the company I am selling for i cannot mention ! due to non disclosure...which is a shame as its all military high spec grade stuff which cost a small fortune and new :)
I will try just showing a link here just in case anyone wants to bag a bargain :)

On another note does anyone have a sneaky link to a site selling white hdmi leads and av leads as i am changing the lounge cabling slowly to white and baby blue!

Also does anyone have a tip for wire chewing kitties...a humane tip ...Don't intend getting rid of them!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.