Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kari nice work there.
I see you used Cascode and everything.
Die you use the parts listed in Metalmans schematic or the ones in yours?
I am a little puzzled with choosing the 5W resistors and the Voltage for the power supply.
Metalman uses 820 Ohm, -20V / 70V and you use 750 Ohm ( 2 x 1500 parallel) -9V / 60V.
What is better?

If i remeber correctly Metalman had "optimized" for a ~32V across the load resistors. I = U/R, 70/820 = 85mA and for mine 60/750 = 80mA. In reality the power supply is outputting a little more than 60V, when i tested my power supply i got 64V out, 64/750 = 85mA which is the same as Metalman is having. As for the CCS you can use higher voltages, but you need to keep an eye on 221ohm resistor which defines the currentflow trough the zener, so you need to either have a higher W on the zener or increase the resistors value to a proper value. You could also change the 27ohm resistor to a ex. 50ohm pot and then you would have a adjustable bias.

/Kari

Hello Kari, I see you got your V-03 running, I picked mine up from the post office this morning, Johnny packed it with the second shipment of transformers. The V-03 was smashed to bits, completely destroyed from 50 pounds of transformers rolling around on it.

Needless to say I am less than impressed by this development.

Still waiting for my boards

Regards

Anthony

Schematics Kari pre-board

Hi guys,

Since no body feels obligated to draw up Kari's board as schematics, I gave it a try.

Is this it? or did I make a grave error

Greetings,
Harry

Attachments

• kari pre.jpg
    kari pre.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 648
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.