Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DaveM said:
I don't think there is an appreciable difference between the Daytons and the Solens. I don't have first hand experience, but that is what I have gathered from the Mad board. But from what I understand they are both decent quality poly caps.

Dave

I have gathered pretty much the same information. For my Preamp I will likely use these:

MULCAP- 51436 12.0uF @ 200v PPMFX 1.0" W x 1.2" H x 2.0" L

$22.47 $18.00 $16.85 $15.75

The price at the left is MSRP and at the far right is 100+ qty. US funds of course.

http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalog/CapacitorsFilm_files/sheet009.html

Regards

Anthony

Well we have had some stealth drop outs from the Parts Wikki, I was not even notified of the cancellation. I only found them when I was recalculating the Wikki on line and my copy.

Please have the courtesy to notify me if you are going to drop out so I can keep the numbers striaght and the Wikki accurate.

We have now slipped quite a bit in our total kits and may not make the qty. 500 price break I had on some key parts that we had earlier in the week.

I just hope that everyone that that remains on the Wikki at this point is going to come through for the group and meet thier commitments. If not you best let me know now.

Regards

Anthony

To Anthony:

Anthony,
is there the possibility to ship the mainboard kits earlier for those people that don`t want the PSU kits? I`d very much appreciate this as i don`t really want to wait till september.
illusionxx

Well Yes, but those Members would be paying shipping twice.

I was talking about the people that do not want the PSU kits. Why would these people have to pay twice for shipping?

Regards, illusionxx.

Xformer specs

I take it this project uses +60V rails and -9V rails?
Prior post

Or is it +80 V like the original and -9V?

Anyway, my question, Can I use my original Bosoz xformers for the + 60 V power supply, they are
60VAC secondaries rated for 30VA?

And can I use a 12 VAC xformer to connect to the negative supply?

I guess I'm wondering whether my AC values will be too high and blow the power supply boards.

Well I kicked in a few extra hundred dollars and started buying parts today. I needed to make the "500" mark on some critical parts to make this happen at the prices I committed too.

I picked up some really nice 1uF 100vdc Silver Poly caps from ITW, American made. I attached a photo, normally about $1 US each, I got them for $0.30 ea, well it's not much, but it makes me happy.

I ordered the R-Core transformers from DIYCLUB Biz, waiting for delivery confirmation, I anticipate 8 weeks anyway.

I found some Bourns 10K pots in my travels today, some high quality stuff, I will post a pic. Not really good for volume control as it is a single wiper, but I can never resist a bargain. I think they were a few dollars ea.

Well that's it for now, still some straglers who have not responed to thier invoice yet. I have collected about 2/3 of the money committed, over $1000US still outstanding.

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• dsc00349.jpg
    dsc00349.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 435
Re: Xformer specs

lgreen said:
I take it this project uses +60V rails and -9V rails?
Prior post

Or is it +80 V like the original and -9V?

Anyway, my question, Can I use my original Bosoz xformers for the + 60 V power supply, they are
60VAC secondaries rated for 30VA?

And can I use a 12 VAC xformer to connect to the negative supply?

I guess I'm wondering whether my AC values will be too high and blow the power supply boards.

Hello Mr. Green, the power supply is the same for the positive half. A 55 to 60 VAC secondary is still required as well as a 12 to 18 VAC secondary for the negative section.

Regards

Anthony

power supplies again

the power supply is the same for the positive half. A 55 to 60 VAC secondary is still required as well as a 12 to 18 VAC secondary for the negative section

what about 10.75VAC for the negative part????

I mean if someone has a schematic with actual voltage and component values I would not need to ask these basic questions. Oooops. sorry for bringing that up again...

Re: power supplies again

lgreen said:

what about 10.75VAC for the negative part????

I mean if someone has a schematic with actual voltage and component values I would not need to ask these basic questions. Oooops. sorry for bringing that up again...

Mr. Green, there are to rail voltages -9VDC and +60

Two secondaries are need to achieve these voltages after thier respective regulators. 55 to 60 VAC and 8 to 15 VAC though 18 will work fine as well, the regulators will diissapate a bit more heat.

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.